Friday 1 February 2008

Casting on and casting off

I finished the Spider's Web shawl. This was such an easy knit. I could do it in front of the telly without any trouble. The only downside was the fact that I ran out of yarn. I thought I would be okay because I had a skein of a 110g but it was not quite enough. I had to stop 2 rows short and still didn't have enough to do a crochet cast off. Nevertheless I'm pretty happy with the end product.






I've made a start on Kate Baby Surprise Jacket. Its for her birthday in a couple of weeks time. I'm making it quite big s that it will fit her by the time winter arrives.



And I've cast on for the Cozy Up KAL on Ravelry. Progress might be a bit slow to begin with but I'm hoping to get into the swing of things by next week.



Finally, I think I've narrowed down bag patterns to two for the Australian Bag Lady swap and I'm trying to decide on the appropriate yarn. This is always a bit of an apprehensive time because I want to choose colours that my pal will really like.

No comments: