Friday 25 July 2008

FOs: I think?

I finished my Swirly Girl socks. I did these in Crystal Palace Yarns Maizy Solid Taupe. The yarn is gloriously soft but inclined to be a bit splitty, especially when doing SSKs.

Swirly socks2

I also redid the edging on the Cocoon. I went up a needle size to 4.5mm and used a VLT lace cast off which worked very well. The vest now lies flat BUT.... I think I'm going to have to undo the last bit again and knit the vest longer. On me it sits properly but I'm small breasted (lets not be cruel and say flat chested) and my friend who wants this darn thing ad a very large bust. I fear the vest is going to ride up in front and thus will need to be lengthened. I'm pondering this but I think I will have to bite the bullet and redo it.

And then yesterday I went to the Craft and Quilt fair and fell off the wagon. I bought this: Noro Kureyon Sock

Noro sock

and this: Touch Yarns 2 ply pure merino

Touch yarns pure merino 2ply

I've been meaning to knit the Goddess Knits Anniversary Mystery Shawl but firstly we were on holiday when it stared and secondly I didn't think the yarn in my stash was appropriate but now I'm ready to cast on!

And while I indulged in a bit of yarn my significant other indulged in some cross stitch patterns. He finished this last night and I think he is now back into the swing of things.

No comments: