Friday 17 October 2008

The best of times

This is a great time in the garden. Things are flowering or about to flower and the amount of colour in the garden increases almost daily.

This Blackwood at the side of our house is heavy with blossom at the moment. Walking past the tree with the full sun on it is a heady experience - the tree seems to ooze honey.



The tulips have started to flower and provide a delightful splash of colour.





I'm enjoying this while I can because all too soon the summer will be with us and the garden will shrivel due to the heat and lack of rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had tulips growing in our other garden before we moved house - i wish id dug up the bulbs before i left now ;)

T. said...

Tulips!!! I have none at my house but I do love them. I have to wait another 6 months to see any here...