Thursday 22 January 2009

FO: Ocean Toes



I finished my Ocean Toes yesterday. As this was my first attempt at Bordhi's Cedar architecture I knitted the pattern as is. I'm happy with the outcome and I just love the snug fit BUT... Yes there is always a but. I just don't like the drawn up toe - it looks too much like a cat's bum to me. I prefer a square toe.



The heel and sole construction is quite different because you end up doing your increases on the sole after you've done the heel. This is what makes it such a lovely snug fit.



I knitted these in SWTC Tofutsies. I really like the smooth feel of this yarn. I knitted these socks two at a time using two 3mm circular needles. I have to say that I don't particularly like knitting socks with such large needles. It felt like I was knitting with telegraph poles. Next time I will be more adventurous and use my usual 2.25mm or 2.5mm needles and work out the pattern based on Bordhi's master plan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda - your comment about the large needles made me chuckle ;)
I looked hard to see the bum in your socks that you talk about but I couldnt see it.
great job on them, the look very snuggly!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Congratulations of the socks. I have never tried Cat Bordhi's patterns. I know a lot of people that have and like them. I like your choice of yarn color.

T. said...

Her patterns are CRAZY!! The architecture is just like nothing else. And the toe looks like a cat's bum - that's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Cat's bum? You are a funny one! I actually used kitchener stitch to close the toe, I don't are much for cat's bum toes either!
It looks so very pretty. Now you are making me wish I made mine the longer version as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with, and let me copy :P

Lupie said...

Love the socks and the yarn is beautiful. I think Cat Bordhi is awesome. I have seen her on Knitty Gritty.
I have a group on Ravelry you might want to check out
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/lesser-known-skeins

Anonymous said...

That socks looks not that much fitting to your feet.