Thursday 26 February 2009

FO: German Dancing Socks I

The first pair of socks is finally completed.



I used 2.5 mm circular needles and knitted these top down and two at a time. The yarn is Patonyle. Lovely and soft with a good bit of stretch so it fits over the young man's calves quite snugly.

The pattern is from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. I used the 5 stitch pattern called Vertical Eyelets.



I had intended combining this pattern with Bordhi's cedar architecture but found it too difficult to accommodate the increases in the eyelet pattern. So in the end I stuck to the usual heel flap and gusset.




I did add a few garter stitches to the heel for a bit more interest.

Now I have to pluck up the courage to measure up the next pair of feet and legs that need dancing socks. This kid is tall with BIG feet. A lot of knitting will have to take place to get the next lot done. I will have to work out some sort of reward system for myself.

8 comments:

passionknitone said...

I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award.

Jack said...

Those are way big socks! Great job.

Cybèle said...

Gosh, I knit socks because they're quick to knit - but not if they're that big! They're beautiful though.

Lupie said...

They are amazing! Such a beautiful pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love patontyle sock yarn - it's such a shame it's not freely available in the UK. Those socks are gorgeous. I admire your ability to have knitted the second one, never mind knitting another pair!

Tania said...

The look fantastic! Very clever knitting 2 at a time... I must give it a go.

Cybèle said...

I've just nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award - and have just spotted I'm not the only one :-)

lunaticraft said...

Those look super duper comfortable!