I finally finished my Rusted Root a few days ago. This was an extremely quick knit and would have been finished ages ago had I not run out of yarn. Fortunately I managed to track down the yarn online and great was my pleasure when the yarn arrived and I found that it was the same dye lot!
Yarn: Patons Washed Haze
Needles: 3.75 mm and 3.25 mm circular needles
Modifications: Long sleeves rather than short sleeves and I made the neck smaller.
I realised that when I reached the point where the sleeves are placed on waste yarn and you then continue the rest of the body that I would never wear this sweater if it had short sleeves. The yarn is 10 ply and although its cotton it still makes for a very dense fabric. But with long sleeves its an ideal sweater for autumn and spring.
I'm not mad about the neck - I don't like wide open necklines and that is why I picked up fewer stitches than recommended and I knitted a wider rib then recommended. I'm still not 100% happy with the neck and might yet re-do it. I thought I would wear it a few times first and see how I go.
This was my first attempt at a top-down sweater and I think its a great way to knit a sweater. The best thing of all is that there is no seaming! For a hopeless sewer like me that is a fantastic bonus.