Monday 11 May 2009

I'm back

We had a lovely time in Armidale. It s such a pretty town. And it was in all its autumn splendour while we were there. Each street vied to be more beautiful than the next.





And for water starved eyes such as mine, it was wonderful to see green lawns, flowing rivers and creeks and even glorious waterfalls!



I didn't get much time to knit. Partly because we were very busy looking around and partly because I got sick and spent a day in bed. Imagine a whole day in bed and unable to knit - what a waste.

Still, I did manage to knit this wide cabled headband. I have wanted a headband to keep my ears warm for sometime but have refrained from knitting one because most woolen things against my face makes me itch. I was bemoaning this fact to Spinneroo (on Ravelry) the other day and she very generously gave me some of her own handspun Finn to try.



Now I just need the time to take it on a walk.

While in Armidale I went into the fantastic WOW Wool on Wheels yarn store and indulged a wee bit. I bought a skein of Kaalund silk in Magnolia and I've already cast on for the Three Sisters Scarves #3.

10 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Many years ago I was a student at UNE in Armidale! I only was there over holidays doing a degree by correspondence from Sydney. But I loved going up to Armidale in the Autumn. Always beautiful! Your photos brough back some wonderful memories!

Helen said...

Ooooh Kaalund Silk is yummy yummy stuff! Glad you had a good trip.. Hope it was fruitful despite the day in bed.

val said...

good to see you back - those trees are lovely indeed.

T. said...

Lovely pictures of the trees. Love the new yarn....

Cybèle said...

Nice to see you back Amanda. Those trees are glorious. Colours like that always make me wish I could dye.
Funny how it seems to be the best time of year for autumn colours in your part of the world - we have some glorious spring colours at the moment (purple and yellow wisteria, lots of lilac blossoms, fresh greens).

Sue said...

Perhaps we drought stricken people all need a trip there to see the beautiful lush scenery. No good being sick if you cant knit in bed.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Those trees are beautiful and the waterfall is breathtaking. Thanks for posting those pics.

Baruch said...

Armidale looks beautiful and the autumn trees are a delight!

Mary said...

Welcome home. What a pity to be sick on a day when you could have been out in that beautiful scenery.
Great photo's I am quite jealous of the fall colours as we move well into the heat of summer here!

Lupie said...

Love the Three Sisters Scarf. It's on my list.