Thursday 18 June 2009

Finally, a moment

We had a great holiday in Cairns and environs but since getting home on the weekend life has been a bit hectic. (Hopefully more about it all some time soon). This afternoon I finally have a little head space to be able to blog again. I wanted to share a few holiday snaps with you.

We had perfect weather the entire time we were there. Unfortunately I started the holiday with a nasty cold but managed to shake it off in time to really enjoy the second week of the holiday.

We got up close and personal with a few of the locals.


An Eclectus Parrot peering from her hidey hole.



A Silver-crowned Friarbird getting to know Bruce.



A Yellow Honeyeater took a fancy to Bruce's watch.



And a Major Mitchell Cockatoo thought his glasses were cool.



We had a room with a view.


And we had this swimming hole all to ourselves - it was fabulous.

No knitting content because I haven't had a chance to take any progress photos. Soon though because I have finished a couple of things.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the birds love Bruce ;) looks like a beautiful place to relax in - ive only ever been to cairns airport - then back on the plane to townsville :(

T. said...

Glad to see you are back and well!

Cybèle said...

What a stunning view! So green! Love the photos of the birds. Imogen and I have been watching SpringWatch on the television over here, your photos remind me of that.

Mary said...

How beautiful! That must have been one wonderful trip, I am very jealous of the water hole all to yourselves.

Baruch said...

Great photos! The Friar bird looks like something out of a Peter Jackson movie :)

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit.
Love the bird pictures. The Honeyeater looks so cute.
That waterhole is something else.

lunaticraft said...

Wow! Those are some fantastic photos. Especially the one with the bird grabbing his glasses!

BadCatDesigns said...

Please tell me how I can take the same vacation! I love birds, and would also love that water hole. It looks so relaxing. I have never had the pleasure of visiting your country.