Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Snow Queen has arrived

I finally finished my Snow Queen. This was one of those projects where I regretted it coming to an end because it was such a joy to knit.



Yarn: Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 2 ply in Almond. 1200 yds

Needle Size: 2.25mm (1), 2.75mm (2), 3.25mm (3)

Finished size: 104cm (41")



There are a lot of nupps in this shawl. I had never made nupps before and had said that that was one of the new techniques I wanted to learn this year. Well I can now say that I have conquered nupps and that there is nothing to be afraid of!






Now go and get the pattern and get knitting. You know you want to....

6 comments:

Lupie said...

Just amazing! Lace is just a dream to me but hope someday the dream will come true.

Helen said...

Amanda that is simply stunning! Congratulations - a true family treasure.

Mary said...

Fabulous! A wonderful shawl and your nupps are perfect!!

What are you going to start to get over that post-project depression?

Annie said...

You beat me to it! I finished mine yesterday and put pictures on my blog a few minutes ago.
Your shawl is beautiful!

Bells said...

it's fantastic! I'm so envious and impressed. It's beautiful. And yeah, I think there are enough nupps there to qualify you as a fully fledged nupp-knitter now!

snoopydogknits said...

Just come across your blog through 'neighbours' on Ravelry. It throws up people who have knitted similar patterns to yourself! Your lacework and socks are fabulous. I just love the 'Snow Queen'.... it's beautiful. I'll be popping back for another look. Ros