Sunday 25 April 2010

No sewing!

Well, almost none. I finished the Eyelet Cardi for my mother last night. The only sewing required was a little bit under the arms, the button and the button loop and weaving in the ends. How good is that?



This cardi is knitted in Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8ply in Delphinium (in my previous post I incorrectly called it Periwinkle). I used 4mm and 3.5mm needles. The only modifications I made were to make the sleeves full length rather than 3/4 and I knitted 4 rows garter stitch for the edging rather than just 2. Because the yarn is so soft I knew the edges would roll so I hoped the couple of extra rows of edging might help prevent that. Time will tell.



This is a top-down pattern and very easy to knit. If you need some soothing, mindless knitting then this is the pattern for you.



Now I'm hurrying off to knit some socks and lace.

4 comments:

Lupie said...

This does sound a lot like the baby top down I made. Your Mom looks great in it.

Mary said...

Congratulations! I am sure that sticking to knitting the dull parts of the cardigan was hard with all the lace patterns that were calling you. Well worth the effort though, that is a very pretty color and I have to admit that sometimes you need something fairly plain to just show off a fabulous yarn,

T. said...

It's LOVELY!!

Cybèle said...

I made this cardigan too but then it was called Sitcom Chic and it was on Knitty - it must be the same pattern, only mine was knit bottom up. It looks really nice on your mum.
Thanks for all the lovely comments lately - I've not been doing much blog reading myself and if I have, I've not commented. Just catching up on yours now and intend to stay caught up too!