Monday 26 July 2010

Eyjafjallajökull Shawl

You know how sometimes you see a pattern and you just have to knit it to the exclusion of all else? Well this pattern from Anna Dalvi spoke to me that way. The Eyjafjallajökull Shawl. Does the name trip lightly off your tongue? Well, if you are having some difficulty then this might help you.

I wanted to knit this in a fiery red but the yarn I had was just too thin to give me the definition I wanted. And as I had to knit it now I had to find something in my stash. All that fitted the bill was this green yarn from Bendigo Woollen Mills. Its a 3ply. Not sure if it's Luxury or not because I bought it from the wonderful Back Room. Needle size 4.00mm. And the shawl measures 132 cm in diameter.






I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this shawl. The pattern is easy to memorize and simply flies off the needles. Oh and this is also my ninth shawl for the 10 shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry.

7 comments:

Jack said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Annie said...

What a beautiful shawl!
And you've been so fast knitting all these shawls. Great work!

Mary said...

That is drop dead gorgeous!

And you have so much time to spare to get that final shawl in for 2010, what will you do with the rest of your knitting time?

Bells said...

WOW! Seriously impressive. such a beautiful piece and so big! Well done!

Now I've been to the magical back room - it's great!

T. said...

This is unbelievable Amanda. Seriously gorgeous!

knitandknag said...

Very nice!

Cybèle said...

That is one beautiful shawl!