Sunday 5 September 2010

From my window......

As a teenager and young adult in South Africa, my favourite radio program was one called From my window... the sea. It was a program that focused on literature, poetry, art and music. I spent many a hot summer's afternoon with my my bare feet on the cool slate floor, listening and dreaming to this program. While we were visiting Queensland last month this program often came to mind as I was presented with beautiful scenery - often while looking out of a window! So here are a few photos of some of the beautiful places we visited.







And I simply couldn't resist these sheep. Not quite sure what you would do with their fleece though....



As for knitting? Well I do have something to show but we have had so much rain that I have not been able to photograph it yet. After 13 years of drought I never thought I would be able to utter such words again. Victoria is awash at the moment with many unfortunate people experiencing flooding. Nevertheless it has given me great delight to walk in my garden and feel it squelch underfoot.

7 comments:

T. said...

Hoping you don't get washed away.

LOVE those pics...amazing views.

Mary said...

What beautiful views! Although you are right, what would you be able to do with that fleece?

Don't get washed away, but I hope you continue to be able to enjoy squelching feet in your garden.

Pat said...

Beautiful, makes me want to be there.
We had unseasonable amounts of rain last winter too- stay dry

Lupie said...

When I was young I had a penpal from Queensland and she sent me many pictures. It is such a beautiful place I hope to go someday.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Beautiful collection of scenery in Queensland! And yes! Victoria is a wet place! I can't believe the many endless days of rain! Amazing!

Sue said...

What beautiful pictures! I imagine you could only use their fleece for very chunky knits, lol! Isnt the rain wonderful filling up all the dams, but sad for the people affected in the flood areas.

Annie said...

Finally found time to look at your pictures and glad I did! They are lovely! Thanks for showing! We've had far too much rain as well, and there were even floods near the place where my daughter lives. The weather here has been depressing lately. Autumn is near, I'm afraid...