Monday 20 September 2010

A year later

And I am still working on my Summer Squares blanket. Despite all my good intentions my pile of squares is growing ever so slowly.



Last week I finally managed to add two more squares to the pile. I still intend making a queen size blanket so I still have a long way to go!



I really don't know why I am so tardy because I love knitting these squares. Perhaps its because there are too many distractions? Like this Featherweight cardi I have started for the ColourMart competition.



And then there's the Lilac Stole I need to finish plus all the knitting I've been doing for a couple of swaps I'm involved in (and forgot to take pictures) and then there's some socks I need to knit, not to mention that new laceweight calling my name.......

4 comments:

Sue said...

What lovely gorgeous squares. I have to say I love the color of that variegated yarn, did you dye it yourself!

Cindy/KS said...

It looks great! I know that I have plenty to keep me busy for a long time, but what did I do this weekend? I ordered more lace-weight yarn to make a shawl for myself & my mil. And I have 6 pairs of socks on the needles currently as well as a couple sweaters.

Annie said...

It's good we're never in a hurry to 'have' our knittings. It's the way there that is most of the fun, don't you think?
Your squares look great.

Amanda said...

Hi Sue. No I didn't dye the yarn myself - that's the way I got it from ColourMart.