Tuesday 2 November 2010

Working for yarn

I've joined yet another group on Ravelry. This is an Australian work for yarn group. I just went for a look and had no intention of taking anything up but.... Someone wanted a worker to knit Romi's Celeano Shawl. This is one of her 7 shawlette series. I was immediatly drawn to the pattern and then as an added sweeter it was to be knit in Wollmeise. Well I have long wanted to try this yarn but couldn't never be bothered to go to the effort and expense to get hold of any. So an ideal opportunity presented itself and I grabbed it.

Here is the end result.


It was a bit difficult to capture the true colour of the yarn but it lies somewhere between the first and the second photo.


The yarn is Wollmeise 100% Merino Superwash in Spinaci and the needle size is 3.75mm.


I knitted this shawl for 27gab and my reward was a lovely skein of her handspun in laceweight.


I was so pleased with the whole experience that I am now awaiting the yarn to knit a Lilac Leaf stole from Knitted Lace of Estonia.

1 comment:

Helen said...

What an interesting concept! I love Romi's patterns but haven't had time to do any of the 7 small shawl patterns yet. You did a great job - it looks gorgeous.