Sunday 6 February 2011

A Brief Intermission

At least I hope it is going to be brief. I am having eye surgery over the next two weeks and won't be able to read for a while. I am hoping that I will be able to continue knitting in some form or another. So if I am absent from your blogs you will know why. I will return as soon as possible!

In the meantime I leave you with another shawlette, the Lacy Baktus. I knitted this with Noro Silk Garden Sock. I have to say (yet again) that I love the Noro colours but I'm still not mad about the yarn. This skein had only one knot for which I am grateful. The yarn also only broke once - this is due to the very uneven spinning of the yarn. But despite this I am still pleased with the end product.


6 comments:

Aussie Maria said...

Good luck with your surgery. Lucky you don't need "eyes" to knit. I love the Noro colours, have not yet used it, and keep getting put off with other crafters experience with it. So much money for yarn

Helen said...

Best wishes for a speedy return to knitting and reading from the surgery. And hugs. Noro drives me up the wall - such beautiful colours but as you say the yarn sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

Annie said...

You'll be missed, Amanda! I wish you good luck with your surgery and let's hope you recover quickly.
I fully agree with you about Noro: I like the colours, sometime knit with it, but am often disappointed with the yarn.

T. said...

Hope all went well yesterday.

Jan said...

Hope all ha gone well for you.

Mary said...

How did the eye surgery go? I have been thinking about you. Hopefully you are back to knitting, if not now, then very soon.