I know I shouldn't be doing this kind of thing when I need to finish this capelet but....
When I saw Celia's Tines shawl and she asked for test knitters, I just couldn't resist. I also thought that it should be a quick knit and thus I could afford to take a break from cables. This took me a week to knit but it shouldn't have taken more than 5 days. One of the reasons it took longer was because I had to rip the lace border. Here's the story:
By the time I reached the lace border I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't have enough yarn. I decided to put in a lifeline and if I ran out of yarn I could just rip back to the lifeline and knit the border in a different colour. Half way through the border I discovered that I had dropped a stitch right at the beginning and just could not repair the damage. So, lucky for me, I could rip back to the lifeline and re-knit the border. And as fate would have it I had enough yarn for the shawl. And another lesson learned: It was because my cable was too short and thus my knitting was all bunched up that I hadn't noticed the drop stitch.
The yarn for this shawl is Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 4ply in Ghost. Needles 4.5mm. And the blocked shawl measures 184 x 65cm.