At the beginning of the year I committed to knitting 6 pairs of socks this year when I joined the Super Special Six Pattern Sock Club 2011 on Ravelry. Six patterns were chosen at the start of the year but fortunately we don't have to stick to them. Although I have just completed my third pair of socks, I have so far only knitted one of the selected patterns. Good thing there is no such thing as the knitting police!
So here is pair number three, Gluttony Socks. Although I used a gradient yarn I didn't attempt to mix the colours according to the pattern. I also modified the pattern a little to suit my foot. Instead of casting on 72 sts I only cast on 68 and decreased to 66 sts once I had completed the ribbing. Oh, and I didn't follow the gauge in the pattern either but I knew that with 2.25mm needles and a gauge of 8sts = 1" I should be fine. And, I am happy to say, the result is a perfect fitting sock.