Sunday, 24 July 2011

Something done

Finally! It's taken quite some time but I have managed to complete something. This is the Emily Dickinson shawl which was a commission for someone on Ravelry.

I came close to finishing it a couple of weeks ago but then I ran out of yarn 26 rows from the end. So more yarn had to be ordered and it arrived on Friday. I was anxious to finish the shawl so I grab a few moments between undertaking activities with some visitors from Holland and managed to finish the shawl. 

So, here she is. Knitted in Jamieson & Smith 1 ply cobweb yarn on 3.5mm needles. And I used 6/0 beads in black.


6 comments:

Mary said...

How frustrating, to be that close to finishing and then have to wait for more yarn! Well worth the wait though, the shawl is gorgeous!

Chrisknits said...

Very pretty. I am sure the client will love it.

lunaticraft said...

Beautiful as always! That really must have been a wait. I always start to panic if I run out of yarn, even if I know more is readily available!

Annie said...

Beautiful, Amanda! And beautifully blocked as well. I especially admire that today, as I just finished blocking two shawls. I keep putting that off...

woolwinding said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, yarn problems or no yarn problems... I'm sure your client will be delighted!

val said...

ooooo.. I really like this one too!