For quite some time I have been thinking that it would be nice to have a shawl knitted in bamboo. Just before going to Queensland I managed to swap some yarn on Ravelry and got hold of some Cleckheaton Bamboo. I matched the yarn with Cassandra and finally got my bamboo shawl.
The colour reminds me of spring and the shawl was completed just as spring has made its appearance in the garden.
I knitted the shawl on 4.0mm needles and used just under 3.5 skeins. The shawl took forever to dry when I blocked it (I had forgotten that aspect of bamboo) and as a result was not dry in time to make the trip to Queensland. It only came off the pins when I got home.