Thursday 29 December 2011

Muir

I finished this project a while back but just didn't get round to posting about it. Muir is another commission knit I did so I didn't get to choose the yarn. The yarn is Moseley Park Yardea and is beautiful to knit with because it is so soft and stretchy. Unfortunately the colourway is not the best to show off this pattern and I had great difficulty in trying to photograph this shawl.








Fortunately the recipient has decided to over dye the shawl.

Now for all you knitters who have iPads, you must check out the knitcompanion app. I have recently discovered this app and I love it. Its a great way to import pdf patterns and then to combine all your charts into one and add a whole host of things to help you follow your chart. Do go and check out the tutorial videos to get a good idea how it works. You can download a free app which comes with sample patterns and gives you an opportunity to test it out. If you want to import your own patterns you will need to purchase the app.

And finally the year is drawing to a close. I wish you all a very Happy New Year filled with all you desire. And have you been giving some thought to those resolutions?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, now another reason why I need an I-pad. I doubt my daughter will let me use hers.
The shawl is lovely.

Annie said...

I just spent some time looking at the first tutorial of this knitting app. It looks great indeed, but is a little pricy. Have you bought it? At the moment I use Goodreader for my pdf's.
I understand you also own an iPad now. Are you also addicted to it? Fortunately my grandchildren are often here to pull it away from my hands... (VBS) it takes too much from your knitting time, though.
And until now i much prefer a paper pattern still. I don't like the 'light going out' every time, just when I need to see what I must do. Perhaps it nees getting used to.

Amanda said...

Yes Annie I do have an iPad now :) I'll be in touch and give you more details.