Friday 1 June 2012

Fire and steam

I have been absent from my blog for some time but that doesn't mean I haven't been knitting! I've quite a bit to share with you over the next few posts but first quite a lot of blocking needs to take place. In the meantime I do have two completed projects to share.

The first relates to the fire in the title. Meet Thirteen the Lucky Dragon. This was a test knit for laughing purple goldfish designs. I just grabbed some DK acrylic I had to hand and this was result.

I think he has a bit of attitude! And he was fun to knit.

As for the steam. Well I knitted a modified version of The Age of Brass and Steam with some lovely handspun I got from Handspun Hippy. I didn't have enough yarn to knit the full kerchief so I knitted fewer repeats and ended with four rows of garter stitch.


Now I need to go and spend some quality blocking time!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That dragon really does show a little attitude! I might have to add that to my list of things to knit in the very near future! And that shawl is gorgeous. As always, you inspire!