Wednesday 6 June 2012

Girasole

Ever since I first saw the pattern for Girasole I have wanted to knit it but I never came across the right yarn for it. Then, after my failed attempt to knit the Dahlia cardigan using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, I realised that I had the right yarn for a Girasole. This is gorgeous yarn, butter soft and lovely to work with.

When I started knitting I very soon realised that I didn't have enough yarn for the full shawl and decided I would skip the final chart. I did this but then three quarters of the way through the knitted edging I ran out of yarn. Fortunately a fellow raveller came to the rescue and I was able to finish the shawl. Actually, its  large enough and so warm that it could easily pass for an afghan or baby blanket.  It measures 132cm in diameter.  I knitted it with 4mm needles and used almost 9 skeins, about 1,100m.









4 comments:

Nautical Knitter said...

Ahhh, Beautiful!!!! This one is on my list...it is a long list :-)

You did a tremendous job. It is just stunning!!

Mary said...

That does look lovely and warm! Beautiful work, but I expect no less from you, you always knit such wonderful things.

Aussie Maria said...

Stunning!!! You really are a wonder with shawls

Annie said...

You have been busy! Ididn't read blogs for a while because many things happened here.
What a pity your knitting didn't come out as you wanted, but fortunately there are always shawls to cheer us up again.
I'm being brave and started a sweater. Wish me luck!
And I really love your dragon!