Friday 18 January 2013

Butterflies and baby camels

Yep, this is a post about butterflies and baby camels. The shawl I have recently completed is the butterfly part. It's the Mariposa shawl which means butterflies in Spanish. 





This was a very satisfying shawl to knit. One of the main factors contributing to the pleasure of knitting this shawl was the yarn I used, Dyed By Hand Yarns Camel Train Lace. And this is where the baby camel comes in. The yarn is a 50/50 blend of baby camel and silk. Its a great yarn to knit with. The yarn glides through the hand and doesn't split which is very good because its such a fine yarn. I found the yarn gave good stitch definition and lovely drape. I was also able to give the shawl a hard block.

I knitted the shawl on 3.75 needles and used 61g. I have one more skein of this yarn in my stash and I'm looking forward to knitting with it. Just need to find the right pattern.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful shawl again. Silk in the yarn makes it (for me) always so nice to use!

Unknown said...

Wow - so delicate and beautiful!