Friday, 18 January 2013

Butterflies and baby camels

Yep, this is a post about butterflies and baby camels. The shawl I have recently completed is the butterfly part. It's the Mariposa shawl which means butterflies in Spanish. 

This was a very satisfying shawl to knit. One of the main factors contributing to the pleasure of knitting this shawl was the yarn I used, Dyed By Hand Yarns Camel Train Lace. And this is where the baby camel comes in. The yarn is a 50/50 blend of baby camel and silk. Its a great yarn to knit with. The yarn glides through the hand and doesn't split which is very good because its such a fine yarn. I found the yarn gave good stitch definition and lovely drape. I was also able to give the shawl a hard block.

I knitted the shawl on 3.75 needles and used 61g. I have one more skein of this yarn in my stash and I'm looking forward to knitting with it. Just need to find the right pattern.


Annie said...

Beautiful shawl again. Silk in the yarn makes it (for me) always so nice to use!

DrChopSuey said...

Wow - so delicate and beautiful!