Tuesday 1 January 2013

New beginnings

It's the first day of the new year so I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year.

I am going to try to be a better blogger this year. I became very slack in the second half of 2012 and soon fell out of the habit of regular blogging.

So I'm going to start with a brief catch up and share a few projects with you which I completed the last couple of months.

First off, I tried my hand at designing my own shawl and Palm Leaf was the result.


The yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mills 2 ply classic hand dyed by EmilytheEnabler and the needle size 3.5mm.

I had a lovely skein of Yarn Pirate Superwash Merino Sock yarn in Brown Sugar which I didn't know what to do with it. So with the help of fellow Ravellers I ended up knitting a Pogona and this was the result.


I participated in a blue swap on Ravelery. For this swap you have to provide your partner with yarn and goodies all in the colour blue. I decided to knit a shawl for my partner and finally had the opportunity to knit a Boo Knits pattern, Dragonfly Wings.


And to finish off I knitted two shawls for another Raveller as part of a different swap. Another lovely Booknits pattern, Heaven Scent


and Be.Leaf by Kitman Figueroa.


Okay, that's enough to start the year. There are more in the pipeline!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Amanda! Love them all, but the dragonfly wing one looks amazing. There was a blue swap, I should have been paying attention!

Anonymous said...

Did blogger eat my comment? Grr! I was saying they are all gorgeous, but the dragonfly one is AWESOME!! Blue swap, wish I was in it!