Monday, 19 October 2009

Sock time again

I find it hard to believe but I actually went a couple of months without any socks on the needles. Fortunately I managed to remedy the situation and I recently completed a pair of Bordhi's Veil of leaves.





These are knitted in Ripples Crafts Bluebells colourway. As usual Helen you have done a great job! The only modification I made was to knit a standard toe. I really don't like the Star toe - too much like a cat's bum to my liking.

I am now in that delicious position where I need to decide which pair of socks to knit and with which yarn. At the moment I think I am leaning towards a pair of Cookie A socks. Decisions, decisions!

11 comments:

Lupie said...

Love the pattern and the yarn looks amazing.

Maisy said...

i love the colour of the yarn very pretty indeed. the socks look great :)

val

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Hey Amanda,
Love those socks.
I'll come do maintenance on your wheel if you will show me how to knit socks like yours. I am very envious of your knitting skills.

T. said...

I have yet to do that pattern....love it!

DrChopSuey said...

Beautiful! I love the colorway with that pattern!

Mary said...

Love the socks!!

Andrea, of BadCat Designs has a couple of sock patterns out there that you might want to try. :) I have some SeedPod Socks on the needles now and they are great fun.

kelebek }{ said...

Fantabolous!

Helen said...

Your knitting brings that colour to life, Amanda! They are lovely.

N. Maria said...

Beautiful colorway for that design. You have a nice reading blog....

Pat said...

Great socks. Love your garden pictures.

Annie said...

Lovely socks! Cat Bordhi is one of my favorite designers. And Cookie A... yes, I definitely must make one of hers, too! Do I need any more socks???? Yes, I think I do. But first another promising mystery sock in November.