I started Chart D of my Snow Queen shawl and found that not only was I having trouble with making the nupps but I was also not happy with my stitch definition. I figured that my yarn was just too fine and inflexible. So yesterday I ditched the whole lot and started afresh using Bendigo Woollen Mills 2ply in Almond.
Now I'm much happier. I have yet to start Chart D with the new yarn but the few nupps I have made so far were much easier to make so I am hopeful that all will go well.
And while I was paying a visit to the frog pond I decided it was time to admit that my Maltese Shawl was never going to progress.
I started this shawl more than a year ago and although I have picked it up a couple of times since then I just can't get into it. So I admit defeat. The yarn needs to be used for something else and one day I will try the shawl again but with a different yarn.