Wednesday 9 June 2010

From Kangaroo Island

I had started writing this post before I left home just over a week ago and it has taken more than a week to get back to it. I'm on Kangaroo Island at the moment with a rather intermittent internet connection. But the views more than make up for the lack of internet.

Before leaving home I managed to finish these socks. They are Bordhi's Bartholomew's Tantalizing socks using her Sky architecture. The yarn is the lovely sock yarn I got as a present from Val. Although I like the look of the socks I am a bit disappointed with the fit. They don't fit as snugly as the other socks I have knitted using Bordhi's other sock architectures. I think it might simply mean that Sky architecture is not meant for my feet.





I have also been mulling over what yarn to use for my Summer Swatch Sampler which is due to start soon. I ended up paying an unexpected visit to the Australian Country Spinners Millshop in Wangaratta and picked up some pure wool 3 ply there which will probably do the trick. And here is my swatch.




And finally here is a little fellow I met on my walk yesterday morning. In fact there were two of them lolling on their backs right up against the rocks.



Apologies for the lack of links but my connection is just too slow and my patience far to thin to sit around waiting!

1 comment:

Mary said...

It is a pity the socks do not fit properly, they are very pretty!

How sad, having to get such a pretty yarn while on your holiday...LOL...Looks like you are being well entertained by the wildlife.

Enjoy your time away!