Thursday 7 January 2010

On the needles

Only two projects on the needles at the moment. On Christmas day I cast on for the Panama Shawl KAL. I zoomed through the first two clues and then a few rows into the the third clue I realised I had made a major boo-boo. I had only knitted half the shawl! That's what happens when you get over confident and think that you don't need to read the instructions closely but can just go straight to the charts and start knitting. So I had to frog the lot and start again. Now I'm back on clue 3.



The yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mills 3 ply and the needles are 3.5mm.

I also opened my first project in my personal sock club. The yarn is Opal solid and the pattern was CookieA's Vilai from Sock Innovation but when I sat down to cast on I realised that I would have to use TWO cable needles while knitting these socks. I was in no mood for such a fiddly pattern so I paged to the next pattern in the book and settled for Angee.



Ah this is much better. Enough of a challenge to maintain interest but not too much to become taxing.

I've been seeing quite a few Traveling Women around lately and I'm tempted to cast on. But then again I also have my eye on an Aestlight shawl and I really must try a Swallowtail........

6 comments:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Amanda your Panama Shawl is beautiful. I love the Teal color.
Sorry you had to frog part of it and start over. I wish I could knit shawls like that.

T. said...

I like a sock club where you can page forward and get another awesome pattern!

lunaticraft said...

What a stunning color for the Panama Shawl! The socks are looking great too!

Bells said...

i think you have a case of shawl flu!!!

Mary said...

The sock is looking great and the shawl is beautiful!

Cybèle said...

so frustrating when you have to unpick when you think things are going well! Just finished a hat for N. and that had to be frogged several times. It was worth it in the end, but boy did I get fed up. I've got an Aestlight lined up too, just not sure when yet! Have the perfect coat to go with it though ;-)