Thursday 27 May 2010

10 shawls in 2010

I'm a late comer to the 10 shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry but I couldn't resist joining when I became aware of this group. I've been on a bit of a roll with my lace knitting of late and I think I'm catching up on getting 10 shawls done. For a shawl to qualify the minimum requirement of meterage is 250 meter (ca 273 yards) whereas 2 must use at least 500 meters (ca 546 yards) of yarn.

You have already seen three of my shawls for this year: Traveling Woman, Snow Queen Pi Shawl (much more than 500 meters!) and Brandywine Shawl.

I have just completed my fourth shawl, the Milkweed Shawl. I knitted this shawl in some Fleece Artist Sea Wool which I won in a karma swap on Ravelry. I get fed up having little bits of yarn left over so I decided to try and use up every last bit on this shawl and I succeeded. But I did have to fudge things a bit because I didn't have enough yarn for a full pattern repeat.





I have two more shawls on the needles at the moment but more about them later.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Amanda you always knit such beautiful shawls. I am sure you can get them all done in time. The blue one is gorgeous.

Annie said...

Your Milkweed Shawl is very pretty! I love knitting lace shawls, but 10 in a year... I couldn't do anything else then, I'm afraid. I wish you luck with your plans and am looking forward to see the results.

Mary said...

Beautiful! I would say you are more than well on your way to 10 shawls in 2010.